- Participation in the DAT Assurance Program ("Program") is provided free of charge to active subscribers of select DAT freight matching services including but not limited to DAT Power, and DAT Express. Customers must have active carrier subscriptions to a select DAT freight matching service to be eligible for participation in the Program.
- Customers have no obligation to register a load for protection under the Program.
- Customers are responsible for registering loads for protection under the Program. Only transactions that are initiated through the use of select DAT freight matching services are eligible for registration in the Program.
- Loads registered for protection under the Program cannot be submitted for collection until 60-days after the registration date.
- DAT will contract with Debt Recovery Resources ("DRR") to assume responsibility for the collection of any debt resulting from a load registered for protection under the Program.
- DRR will assume responsibility for the collection of the debt for 60 days from the date that it has been assigned for collection under the guidelines of the Program. Customers must provide Proof of Delivery documentation to assign the debt for collection. Customers will receive detailed instructions on the type of documentation required via email. The documentation required includes:
- Copy of the Freight Bill
- Broker's Agreement, if any
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Copy of the delivery receipt, if applicable
- Copy of the Proof of Delivery, if Bill of Lading is not signed by consignee
- Copy of the Rate Confirmation between Carrier and Broker
If Customer does not provide Proof of Delivery documentation to DRR within 15 days after the date the registered load was assigned to collection, the load registration will be voided.
Customers who register for the Program must complete and submit a DRR Collection Services Agreement document to designate DRR to collect the debt for them. By signing the Collection Services Agreement, Customer agrees they have designated DRR to assume responsibility for attempting to collect the debt. A signed Collection Services Agreement is required to be submitted by Customer before the debt can be assigned for collection. If Customer fails to provide a signed Collection Services Agreement in the time specified under the guidelines of the Program, the debt will not be assigned for collection and the registration of the load will be voided.
If collection is made prior to 60 days from the time the debt is assigned to collection, DRR will issue a refund of 75% of the collected debt amount back to Customer who registered the load for assurance under the Program.
If debt collection is unsuccessful after 60 days from the date that the transaction was assigned to collection, DRR will notify DAT. DAT will issue a credit to Customer. Credit amount varies based upon freight matching service subscription and shall be the lesser of (a) the past due balance or (b) the credit level noted below:
- DAT TruckersEdge Pro = $250 credit to Customer subscription
- DAT Power Select Carrier = $500 credit to Customer subscription
- DAT Power Office Plus Carrier = $1000 credit to Customer subscription
In the event DRR recovers/collects money from an account for which DAT has paid a credit (see Section 10 above), DRR agrees to take their fees as outlined in the Collection Services Agreement, reimburse DAT for the amount of credit paid to Carrier Customer, then provide the Carrier Customer with any remaining payment amount.
There is a maximum of one credit per month that will be issued by DAT to Carrier Customers who have registered loads in the Program that become uncollected debt.
Load assurance under the Program is voided and no credit shall be issued if the Carrier Customer who registers the load becomes insolvent or discontinues operations for any reason.
Carrier Customer must have an active DAT subscription at all times during the collection process in order to be entitled to load assurance under the Program.
Load assurance under the Program is voided if there is an outstanding loss or damage claim on the shipment. The debt will not be assigned to collection if there is an outstanding claim.
Double brokered or re-brokered loads are not eligible for the Program. The Carrier that registers the load for assurance must be the Carrier on the Bill of Lading.
The name of the Broker identified on the Bill of Lading must match the name of the Broker indicated on the information that Customer provided during load registration. If the names of the Brokers listed on the Proof of Delivery documentation does not match the information provided in the original load registration, the assurance of the load under the Program is voided.
Factored loads are not eligible for registration under the Program.